- Approval within minutes
- The Kabbage Card
- The maximum line of credit is $250,000
- Interest rates tend to be high
What Kabbage Offers
- Lines of credit up to $250,000
- Six months payback for all customers who qualify and 18 months for eligible customers
- Unsecured loans approved “in minutes”
- Monthly fees ranging from 1.5% to 10% with no hidden charges
- No up-front fee
- Fees charged only on outstanding balances
- No prepayment penalties
- Multiple withdrawal options: online dashboard and mobile app
- Kabbage Card, for use anywhere Visa is accepted
Why Choose Kabbage?
Kabbage provides close to immediate credit lines to cover any type of expense. Once approved, you are notified of how much credit you have and which of their two loan terms you qualify for. You will have instant access to funds and can draw on the approved amount anytime you need extra cash for your business.
Kabbage is designed specifically for small businesses. Founded in 2009 by three financial entrepreneurs, this alternative lender realizes the need for companies to obtain necessary funds urgently and easily. Kabbage’s automated application system “quickly [connects] small businesses with capital.” Businesses can integrate their own systems with the Kabbage platform to reach their customers worldwide. Forbes magazine recognized Kabbage as one of the most promising companies in America in 2014 and 2015, and the platform was featured in the 2015 Inc. 500 list of the fastest-growing private companies in the nation. By providing access to as much as $250,000 in funds through lines of credit, Kabbage helps businesses avoid the drawn-out and complex application procedures associated with traditional loans.
Business Line of Credit
A line of credit from Kabbage can support you through slow seasons, fund small purchases, and cover essentials such as payroll when cash flow is interrupted. The Kabbage Card allows businesses to draw directly from their Kabbage line of credit.
In addition to the features listed above, Kabbage loan recipients also qualify for perks, including service discounts and free financial help. You can sign up for UPS My Choice, a free 60-day trial of Constant Contact or free trials of Ecommerce software. Free consultations for taxes and credit and free Vonage business phone services are also available.
Fast small business funding
The Kabbage Card
The Kabbage card allows businesses to borrow exactly the amount they need when they need it.
- Each purchase made is a six-month loan with the customer’s existing rates and terms for the amount charged
- There is no minimum transaction amount, and the card is free
- Shop freely for your business needs anywhere Visa is accepted
- The Kabbage care is secure with an EVM chip and real-time fraud monitoring system
- The Kabbage Card is intended strictly for business use, so ATM withdrawals are blocked
- As with other Kabbage loans, using the card will not impact your credit
Loan application with a bank or credit union is time-consuming. It requires gathering the necessary financial information, updating your business plan, and crunching numbers to prove you are a worthy investment. Kabbage, on the other hand, has only a few simple requirements for business owners seeking funding:
- You must have been in business for at least one year.
- Annual revenue must be at least $50,000, or your company must show at least $4,200 of monthly income for the last three months.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- All applicants must be U.S. citizens.
What You Need to Provide
Kabbage asks for the following basic information during the application process:
- Your name
- Your business name
- Home and business address
- Business tax ID
- Social Security number
Save Time, Link up
You’ll also be asked to create login credentials and to connect your bank account. Kabbage provides the opportunity to connect additional business accounts, such as QuickBooks, eBay, Amazon, PayPal, and Stripe. Linking multiple services gives Kabbage a better picture of your current financial status.
Unlike most traditional lenders, Kabbage considers multiple factors when determining whether or not to extend a line of credit. In addition to your credit score, the lender looks at:
- How long you’ve been in business
- Your average monthly revenue
- Revenue consistency
- Cash flow
- Transaction volume
- Seller rating, if applicable
Kabbage will verify your business account information and perform a hard credit check to determine your credit score.
Kabbage Application Process
The entire application process should take 10 minutes or less.
- After submitting your application, it is reviewed by an automated system that calculates your loan amount and the term.
- Once approved, funds are deposited to the account of your choice. PayPal deposits may be almost instantaneous. Bank deposits can take up to three days, depending on the bank.
- If your current financial situation does not allow your business to qualify for a Kabbage loan, the company keeps your information on file and reviews periodically. You do not have to reapply in the future as Kabbage will notify you when funding becomes available.
The same process may increase your credit line as your business grows. To qualify for a Kabbage loan and maintain an active profile, all information you submit must be accurate to the best of your knowledge. Kabbage requires users to maintain the accuracy of their information and reserves the right to close accounts otherwise.
Terms from Kabbage business loans are simple and easy to understand, so you don’t have to worry about complicated fee structures or changes in interest rates. You pay one simple monthly fee for a Kabbage Funding loan. There are no origination fees, annual fees, monthly maintenance fees, documentation fees, or other hidden fees. Every month, you’ll pay back an equal portion of the loan principal plus the monthly fee, and you only pay a fee during the months you have an outstanding balance.
Payments are automatically withdrawn from your connected bank account, but you can also make manual payments whenever you wish. Kabbage does not charge fees for early repayment, so you can choose to pay more than the minimum at any time. Paying off the loan before the terms are up can actually mean owing less overall because you pay fewer monthly fees.
Kabbage does charge for late payments, however. If the balance due is $100, the fee is $10. If the balance due is between $100 and $5,000, the fee is $35. And, if the balance due is greater than $5,000, the fee is $100.
Although you can withdraw money from your credit line once per day, you are never obligated to use any funding Kabbage approves for your business.
Kabbage Keeps You Safe & Secure
Help & Support Availability
Kabbage provides extensive educational articles, guides, infographics, blog posts, videos, and webinars covering the most critical aspects of running a business. Visit the resource section and choose from categories including growth, funding, management, and innovation. You can also contact Kabbage via phone or email with additional questions and concerns. Emails are delivered through the website or directly to support, and messages are typically answered within 24 hours to avoid unnecessary interruptions in business operations.
Kabbage’s FAQ section provides answers to common questions on the loan process and service features. If you have questions on funding, the payment and fee schedules, or the application, you’ll find the answers here. A loan calculator is available under the “Business Loans” drop-down menu so that you can calculate the total cost of different loan amounts.
Kabbage Review in Short
Kabbage is a useful lending option for the modern small business. The automated review and approval process simplifies the loan application process giving you time to focus on running your company. The requirements are straightforward, and Kabbage considers factors other than your credit score when determining whether your business qualifies. The terms and fee structure are easy to understand, and there are no hidden fees. All loans are structured as credit lines. That way, you can withdraw money as needed, and you only have payments if you have an outstanding balance.
Multiple withdrawal methods and an automatic payment system make Kabbage preferable for on-the-go business owners. You have access to cash wherever and whenever you need it so that your business can continue to operate uninterrupted if cash flow slows. Kabbage has earned an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau rating and a reputation as a reliable small business lender.
925B Peachtree Street NE
Atlanta, GA 30309