Ponce Bank summary
- Most accounts don’t have monthly service fees
- Traditional face-to-face service in physical branches
- Flexible account and loan options
- Limited online and mobile customer support
- No refunds for out-of-network ATM fees
No fees at all
FDIC insured, SSL/AES encription and supports 2 factor and biometric authentication
Customer service during extended business hours
Basic site with some banking features
User friendly mobile app that offers most mobile banking features, may not be available on all devices
Advantages Over Traditional Banks
Opening an online account through Ponce Bank will grant you 24/7 telephone access to your accounts. Additionally, you’ll enjoy easy money transfers between your different Ponce accounts. Ponce’s convenient mobile app lets you access and manage your accounts, check balances, deposit checks, pay bills, and more. Additionally, just like any other traditional bank, Ponce offers various account and loan types.
- Premium interest checking account
- 50+ interest checking account
- Direct Interest account
- Simply Free checking account options
- Holiday and Vacation Club accounts for saving for special vacations and holidays
- IRA account options include Traditional, Roth IRAs, and the Coverdell Education Savings Account. IRAs and CDs have terms ranging from 1 to 60 months.
- UTMA (Uniform Transfer to Minors Act) account enables a parent or guardian to open a savings account or a CD in a minor’s name, with no monthly fees.
- Money market accounts offer competitive interest rates.
- Adjustable-rate mortgage loans
- Mortgage refinancing options
- Home equity lines of credit
Interest Rates and Fees
Ponce Bank offers various account options with different fees and interest rates.
|Account Type||APY||Min. Balance for APY|
|IRA||0.20% - 0.85%||$500 or $1,000|
Ponce Bank offers phone customer service from Monday to Friday during business hours and on Saturday between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. The bank also has web and mobile apps, but no live chat or online banking portal.
Ponce customers can monitor their accounts through a free real-time alert service via email, text, or app notifications that include security, balance, and transaction alerts.
Overall, Ponce’s mobile and online services receive positive user feedback. Their mobile app has an average rating of 4.6-4.8/5.
Mobile App Features
Ponce Bank’s mobile app comes with many handy functions. It enables users to:
- Check account balance and monthly statements
- View recent transactions
- Receive and send funds
- Pay bills
- Edit scheduled payments
- Deposit checks on the go
- Locate nearby branches and Ponce ATMs
- Contact support staff
Ponce Bank protects the personal information of its clients from unauthorized access by using stringent security measures compliant with federal law. This includes physical, procedural, and electronic safeguards. Access to sensitive data is limited to appropriated employees.
All online transactions and private information records are protected by advanced encryption software. Ponce Bank warns its clients against identity theft and recommends carefully reviewing all account information and billing statements.
Ponce Bank is a reputable medium-sized brick-and-mortar bank with 14 branches in New York and New Jersey. It offers various account and loan options along with a versatile mobile app that enables users to perform multiple account functions. Customer service includes in-person and phone support.
One of Ponce’s main advantages is its low fees and zero monthly charge for standard checking accounts. This is great if you are looking for a low-cost account for everyday use.