- Get your paycheck up to 2 days early^ with direct deposit
- Automatic savings option
- 60,000+ fee-free˜ ATMs
- No joint accounts or secondary cards
- No CDs
- No branch locations
No hidden fees˜
SSL/AES encryption and supports 2 factor and biometric authentication
24/7 Live Support
Excellent user friendly site with transparency of rates and full online banking capabilities
Excellent mobile app with all mobile banking features enabled, including digital check deposits
Advantages Over Regular Bank
Chime is one of a new generation of fintech companies offering access to financial services in sleeker and more user-friendly ways than traditional banks. Instead of pushing an endless number of products and services that require lots of red tape and fees, Chime focuses on the essentials.
Chime is completely digital, but with over 60,000 fee-free ATM locations˜ , it is easy to access your funds when needed.
Now, get your federal tax refund up to 5 days early⁵ with a Chime Checking Account.
Here are some more winning points for Chime:
- No Monthly Fees: That means no monthly fees, no minimum balance fees, and no overdraft fees whatsoever.
- Faster Pay: Get your hard-earned money faster with direct deposit.
Cutting-Edge Banking Services
You aren’t going to find a lot of variety when it comes to Chime’s product offerings, but the products they do offer really shine.
Here are the top Chime banking features:
- Optional automatic savings feature: Every purchase you make with your spending account can be automatically rounded up and placed into your Savings Account to earn interest. For example, your $3.55 latte automatically banks you $0.45 into your Saving Account. Additionally, Chime users can have a percentage of every paycheck automatically deposited into their Savings Account.¹
- Bad credit friendly: Your poor credit will not keep you from getting a Chime account. That's right: no credit checks or ChexSystems.
- SpotMe®: You won’t be penalized for spending a little more than you should have with SpotMe® fee-free overdraft protection of up to $200* for eligible members. You do have to repay your SpotMe® negative balance and you have the option of leaving a voluntary tip to pay the next overdraft forward. This kind of thinking keeps Chime from piling on the fees for all of its members.
Traditional Banking Services
Even though Chime is recognized for innovative financial services, you can still expect a few traditional banking perks, such as:
- ATM accessibility: You don’t have to worry about going out of your way to find an in-network ATM. Your account comes with unlimited cash withdrawals at over 60,000 fee-free ATMs˜ , and you can get cash back at many other locations, such as some grocery stores.
- Chime Visa® Debit Card: Your Chime card is accepted anywhere Visa is accepted.
- Checking account: Even though it's called a Spending Account, the account acts almost identically to the checking account you are used to—minus the checks.
Interest Rates and Fees
Chime offers a Spending Account and an optional Savings Account. The Chime Spending account works like a traditional checking account. The Chime Savings account has a competitive 0.50% Annual Percentage Yield (APY)⁺. Chime does not offer other traditional investment products such as CDs or money market accounts.
Both accounts are free to open, require no minimum deposits or balances, and have no monthly or hidden fees˜.
While you can reach the Chime team via the mobile app 24/7, this customer support tab is only available for newer versions of iPhone and Android.
Chime’s live support service is available 24/7/365 and can be reached through their customer service number at (844-244-6363) or online and through their mobile app.
Chime makes mobile banking a breeze with its modern and sleek app. With over 350,000 five star reviews in app stores, it is clear that Chime users love the app for tracking their expenses and paying friends quickly.
The Chime app allows you to:
- Always know your account balance
- Receive instant transaction alerts
- Instantly disable (and re-enable) your debit card
- Turn international transactions on and off
- Deposit checks on the go
- Transfer money between bank accounts
- Send money to family and friends instantly³ and for free
Chime keeps your money and information safe with 128-bit AES encryption, access control, and secure processes. Funds are also held at FDIC insured banks,². Chime allows users to keep their money safe with the ability to instantly turn off a debit card if it's lost or stolen. You can receive real-time purchase alerts to make sure the only one spending your money is you.
Chime is an excellent financial app choice for individuals who want to enjoy excellent mobile capabilities and streamlined financial services with no hidden fees˜. However, it isn’t the best online banking choice for everyone. Those wishing for a more traditional bank feel with all of the perks of online banking should look into one of these hybrid banks instead.