- Affordable premiums
- Fast and easy-to-use app
- Policy bundling discount
- Pre-existing conditions and most dental not covered
- Not available in all states
Excellent site with mobile optimization, learning resources and live chat
Customizable rates and services
Customizable plans and rates, 50-90% reimbursement
Claims payout waiting period
24/7 communication and a pet hotline available
Multiple bundles available
What Does it Cover
A basic Lemonade policy will cover these costs:
- Diagnostics: Blood tests, urinalysis, x-rays, MRIs, lab work, CT scans, and ultrasounds
- Procedures: Outpatient, specialty and emergency care, hospitalization, and surgery
- Medication: Injections and prescription meds
You can also add on Lemonade’s Preventative and Wellness plan for an additional monthly cost. This add-on plan covers:
- Annual physical
- Annual heartworm and parasite test
- Annual blood work
- Up to 3 vaccines
- Live chat with pet medical experts
Additionally, Lemonade’s Extended Accident and Illness package will cover fees associated with vet visits and physical therapy treatments, such as chiropractic care, for an additional cost. Pet owners can choose both add-on insurances or select which one they prefer. And a Lemonade policy with both add-ons still ends up cheaper than many competitors' basic policy.
Insurance Plans & Pricing
Pricing varies on location, pet, and deductible amount. Pet owners can opt for 70%, 80%, or 90% coverage with an annual deductible of $100, $200, or $500, and an annual limit anywhere from $5,000-$100,000. Choosing different coverage options will change your monthly price, but it’s entirely customizable. Here are a few examples of coverage costs:
- Four-year-old dachshund from Los Angeles, Calif. cost $32.67 per month with 80% coverage, $20,000 max coverage, and an annual deductible of $250.
- One-year-old mixed breed cat from New York, New York costs $10 per month with 70% coverage, $20,000 max coverage, and a $500 deductible.
- Two-month-old medium mixed breed puppy from Raleigh, North Carolina, costs $24.33 per month for 90% coverage, $100,000 max coverage, and a $100 deductible.
What is Not Covered
Lemonade does not cover animals younger than two months. Pre-existing conditions and illnesses and behavioral conditions are also not covered. Pet owners will not be covered in these events either:
- Elective surgery
- Behavioral treatments
- Dental care (unless dental care is required as the result of an accident)
- Alternative and experimental treatments
Lemonade offers three different waiting periods once a policy’s start date is in place.
- 2 days for accidents
- 14 days for illnesses
- 6 months for cruciate ligament events
Pet owners can choose their coverage limits from $5,000 to $100,000. Usually, the difference in coverage limits only costs pet owners an extra dollar or two per month, so be sure to select different scenarios Lemonade’s automatic claims quote to find the right coverage and price for your pet.
Reimbursement and deductibles
Lemonade allows pet parents to choose between a 70, 80, or 90% reimbursement rate and an annual deductible of $100 to $500. The deductible is what you must first pay for insurance coverage to kick in.
For example, if you have an 80% reimbursement rate and $250 deductible for your two-month-old puppy and they swallow a toy, your vet might charge $5,000 to remove it. With Lemonade, you will pay $1,250, and insurance will cover $3,750. If another incident or vet visit happens within that year, you will not have to pay your deductible again.
Claims and Service
All Lemonade claims are made through their app. Once you sign-in to the app, just file a quick claim. Lemonade makes the claim process quick and simple, and many times claims are reimbursed the same day. Lemonade must connect with your bank account to send you your reimbursement.
What You Might Like
Pet owners will love that Lemonade has a minimal waiting period for accidents and illnesses. Coverage is also very affordable for most young pets. The fast claim filing process is easily done through the Lemonade app, so you can possibly get reimbursed even before you leave the vet’s office.
What Lemonade Could do Better
While Lemonade is an excellent pet insurance option, they are not as widely available as some other options yet.
Contact Details and Address
To contact Lemonade, use the company’s website AI chat or through the app. Additionally, here is Lemonade’s phone number and support email address:
- Phone: (844) 733-8666
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For pet insurance that is streamlined and flexible, Lemonade offers great premium prices for young and healthy pets.
This review was gathered through researching Lemonade’s website and gathering quotes from possible pet scenarios. The reviewer also took into account the information and reviews left on BBB and Trustpilot about Lemonade.